Daily Supplies Policy
(Students are to bring the following items each day to class)
- Mrs. Johnson does not supply writing pens, pencils, paper, or extra books.
- Students are to check the “Supplies Needed” sign outside my classroom door.
- ILA three-ring binder with notebook dividers in place [Warm-up/Class Notes/Novels/Springboard/Graded Work]
- Black or blue pen
- Notebook paper in the binder
- Writing journal (can be single subject spiral or composition book) – brought and left in classroom at beginning of the year
- Novel of study
- Library book for independent reading
- Springboard Workbook
- Students are to bring incidental supplies to class. (Ruled note cards, pencils, highlighters, map pencils, and/or markers as requested by teacher)
Discipline Log Policy
You will sign the discipline log for the following infractions that include but are not limited to:
- Cheating of any sort (automatic referral to office)
- Destruction of property belonging to the school, another student, or Mrs. Johnson
- Dress code violations (automatic referral to office)
- Failure to bring supplies to class as required by teacher (once OOPS passes have been exhausted)
- Gum chewing
- Inappropriate behavior towards self and/or others
- Inappropriate language whether spoken or written
- No more “OOPS” pass signature space (automatic log signature)
- Physical aggression and threats (automatic referral to office)
- Refusal to sign the log
- Stealing of any shade, form or fashion
- Substitute problems (See Substitute policy)
- Tardy to class (See Tardy policy)
- You are to be on your best behavior at all times.
- If you chose to disobey the procedures, then you will receive consequences for your chosen behavior.
- You will sign the discipline log for infractions committed during a six weeks grading period. A fresh start will commence at the beginning of the new grading period.
- We will follow the steps for Clark Middle School discipline in our classroom.