Life is not fair. Innocent individuals lose their lives. Unstable individuals take matters of revenge into their own hands with deadly results. I have a few suggestions when life is too frustrating.
1. Pray for guidance. Consult the Scripture. Talk to your clergy person afterwards.
2. There are twenty-four hour gyms with bags that can be punched until the anger abates. Still mad? Run. Still mad? Keep running. Run a marathon. Run an ultramarathon.
3. Go feed ducks some day old bread.
4. Call that one person who says, “Even if it is 3:15 A.M., call me. Give me a minute to wake up, but I will listen.”
5. Write a letter/journal about your feelings and frustrations. Even if you never publish or send it.
6. Sometimes a nap really does help.
7. Drink a cup of hot tea or coffee sweetened the way you prefer.
8. Play some music that makes you dance like a maniac like you were when you were 19 and carefree.
9. Visit the zoo and walk around it until your feet want to fall off. Drag your tired body home, take a soothing not bath, and rest with your feet elevated.
10. Stay off social media until you are calm and rational. There is no need to further pollute the Web with more vitriolic vocabulary.
My heart goes out to the families of the police officers who were murdered in downtown Dallas as they protected the people who were protesting.